M9 Product Brief
M9 Error Count Analyzer …
• It is a sub-system to measure read/write path performance of a magnetic recording channel.
media -> head -> preamplifier -> read channel IC
• It can be attached to a host spinstand, drive tap or AWG.
• Different user has different application.
Magnetic head engineers -> head performance
Media engineers -> media performance
Read channel engineers -> read channel chip performance
Drive engineers -> entire read/write path performance
Hardware Connection …
• Ethernet connection between PC & Mx board
– Company network
– USB/Ethernet adapter
• Index / Servo Gate
Software Connection …
• M7/M8/M9 application channel specific
• Spinstand driver software spinstand specific
• External test modules
• License file for M7 & M9